Running a Dental Practice has its own unique set of challenges so it is important to choose an insurance provider and policy that is right for you.
Having worked with the BDA for more than 20 years, we make use of insight and our knowledge of insurance to form a policy that properly protects your practice. From risk management advice to our in house claims team we will support you whether you’re setting up new a policy, making a change or making a claim on your practice insurance.
Key areas of dental practice insurance
- Buildings you own can be insured on our policy
- Contents such as dental chairs, equipment and machinery including accidental damage cover
- Computers covered up to £20,000 as standard
- Drugs and medical stock up to £20,000 as standard
- Loss of refrigerated stock of drugs up to £7,500 per fridge as standard
- Employee Dishonesty insurance up to £50,000 as standard
- Business Interruption including access to our Mobile Dental Unit
- Liabilities – public and employers liability insurance
To find out more about our practice insurance read our Dental Practice Insurance Guide.
Advice for your dental practice
What can you do to reduce the likelihood of water damage? How will your business survive a cyber-attack?
To find the answers you’re looking for, visit our Advice Zone for all the latest guidance on how to protect your practice.
Why choose Lloyd & Whyte?
- We are the only provider of dental practice insurance with an emergency mobile healthcare clinic
- Our policies are made specifically to suit and protect dental practices
- An experienced in house dedicated claims support
- Chartered Insurance Broker
- 20 years’ experience of dealing with dental practice managers and owners
- Preferential rates for BDA Good Practice members
What our clients say…
“I have been with Lloyd & Whyte for many years for my dental practice insurance and have always received a first class service from them. The local support they provide and the visits to the practice make a huge difference. It is reassuring to deal with someone locally who is obviously very knowledgeable of my practice and insurance needs. This results in a very trusting environment. I would recommend them to any of my peers.”