Having an absent team member doesn’t have to be the end of your world.
Dental locum insurance gives you financial support if you or a member of your team can’t work because of injury or illness. The policy will pay a pre-agreed amount for each week of absence, which you can use however you see fit.
The benefits of Locum Insurance for dentists
- Provides your practice with financial assistance if you or any other insured team member is unable to work
- No need to prove medical history when arranging the policy
- No need to prove expenses when claiming
Get exactly what you ask for
Traditional locum insurance policies offer reimbursement for certain costs associated with absent staff. Our dental locum insurance is different.
You select a weekly benefit when arranging the policy, and that’s exactly what you receive when you make a claim. The policy will even include pre-existing conditions, subject to policy terms.
- Find out more about how our dental locum insurance policy works by reading our policy overview
- For even more details, please see full policy wording.
The difference between locum insurance and income protection
It’s easy to get locum insurance and income protection confused. Both policies provide financial support during illness or injury, but there’s one key difference between the two.
Locum insurance – pays the benefit to the practice owner, so this policy can help with the cost of employing a locum to cover the sick or injured person’s absence.
Income protection – provides financial support to the individual who is unable to work.
If you’re a practice owner, it’s worth considering both policies to ensure both you and your practice are covered.
Request a quote or call us on 01823 250760 today.