As you form your PCN, you need to ensure that you have the right insurance in place from day one.
The current arrangements in place for practices are unlikely to cover the activities of the PCN adequately, leaving the PCN exposed to potential gaps. For example:
- Legal Structure changes within the network
- Employees working across different sites
- Network Clinical Directors acting on behalf of multiple practices
- Decision makers within the PCN being open to accusations of error or omission
Note: This does not change the need for each practice partnership to maintain their current insurance.
We have developed a tailored PCN Insurance Package to cover:
- Professional Indemnity
- Director & Officers Insurance
- Employment Practices Liability (e.g. Employment Disputes)
- Employers Liability & Public Liability Insurance – to cover any gaps for those working on behalf of the PCN, across practices
We will help you to ensure that the cover is bespoke to your circumstances. For example, depending on the structure of the PCN, then cover may need to be enhanced in some areas. Additionally, the practices within the PCN could take the opportunity to review all of their commercial insurance requirements, in order to achieve better economies of scale.