Travelling overseas for your medical elective can be one of the most exciting and rewarding aspects of your career.
Before your adventure begins though, it’s important to make sure you’ve got the right cover in place to protect yourself when working abroad. You’re spending time improving other people’s health, so it’s important to look after your own health too.
Our elective travel insurance policy is provided by well-known and award winning insurer, AXA Insurance plc. You can now get an instant quote online.
Please note: if you need any assistance, or are unable get a quote online, call our specialist team on 01823 250580.
Key policy benefits
- Cancellation cover: exam re-sits ✓
- Portable medical equipment ✓
- Cover for adventurous activities ✓
- Cover available up to 365 days ✓
The policy includes the main features you would expect travel insurance to have, such as medical expenses, missed or delayed departure and loss of luggage, but goes beyond this, providing cover specifically designed to protect you during your medical elective abroad.
For more information about the benefits and exclusions, please read the policy documents below. Alternatively, you can call our team on 01823 250580.
Customers who have serious pre-existing medical conditions can view a directory of specialist Travel Insurance providers on the British Insurance Brokers Association (BIBA) website HERE or call 0370 950 1790
- Elective travel policy wording
- AXA travel insurance policy keyfacts
- AXA travel insurance full policy wording
- Higher level of cover is also available.
Why choose us?
- Over 20 years experience working with healthcare professionals
- Corporate Chartered Insurance Broker
- In partnership with BMA
- Dedicated to helping you arrange your insurance correctly