Need to make a claim?
- Take photos to evidence the damage and record as many details as you can; including time frames and the sequence of events.
- Do not dispose of anything damaged without checking with your insurer beforehand. Your insurer may want to inspect the item/damage in order to validate your claim.
- Work constructively with your insurer and loss adjuster. Loss adjusters are independent claims specialists who work on behalf of insurers and policyholders.
- Check with your insurer before you appoint tradespeople to make repairs to your damage. This could cause disputes and incur costs if your insurer is unaware.
- Report any liability claim received from third parties immediately. There are timescales laid down by law with which you need to comply.