What do we do?
We offer a range of financial planning and specialist insurance services.
By financial planning, we mean advice and products that fits around the lives and financial futures of our clients. By specialist insurance, we mean protection that is made to suit a specialist profession, hobby or skill. In our case, this includes:
- Professional Associations
- National Operatic and Dramatic Association
- Thatch and listed homes
- Caterham Car Owners
- Ariel Atom Owners
- High value Home Insurance
How did we get here?
- We were founded in 1946 as a traditional insurance broker. After years of hard work, our business flourished during the 80s and 90s, becoming one of the largest independent insurance brokers in the South West. During this time, we also began offering independent financial advice.
- We branched out to the dental market in 1996, with our first appointment with the British Dental Association.
- Since then, we’ve persisted to develop our specialist operation and become a leading provider of insurance services and financial planning. We’ve formed Lloyd & Whyte Heritage, and partnered with associations such as the British Medical Association and British Veterinary Association.
- Lloyd & Whyte continues to thrive and grow, acquiring or partnering with various companies from within the highly competitive insurance market.
Why are we different?
- We provide insurance and financial planning for specialist professional associations. In doing so, we offer a service and quality of product unparalleled by the likes of comparison sites.
- We are experts in the specialist fields of insurance cover and have carefully selected insurance partners. Our partnerships with various associations contribute to this expertise, as we are given insight into the everyday lives of members, the problems they face and what matters to them.
- We make the most of our experience in the industry, and provide advice that revolves around the lives of our clients – the Advice Zone content hub helps healthcare professionals and heritage homeowners feel confident in their insurance and finances.
- To keep up with modern times, we have a range of digital resources to help our clients save time when arranging insurance or making a claim. The Lloyd & Whyte Quote Zone and Claims Assistant make what can be stressful processes, much simpler.
What do we stand for?
- We live by our company values: having fun, being supportive, acting professionally, growing partnerships and curating ambitious thought.
- We are one of only a handful of organisations in the UK to hold both “Chartered Insurance Brokers” and “Chartered Financial Planner” status. This represents a promise to our clients, our people and our partners that we will strive for ever increasing professionalism.
- Being the best of the best means that we are award-winning as employers and employees. That’s why we believe it is important to invest in our people (we’ve even won an award for that as well).
- There is a constant development of products and initiatives to focus on our clients, making sure they get their desired outcome. Fundamental elements required for this to succeed are: respect, quality service, specialist products and unique, high calibre people.
Our professional associations…
We work with professional trade associations, who use our services and products as part of the benefits they provide to their members. Our partnerships include:
- British Dental Association
- British Veterinary Association
- Association of Optometrists
- British Chiropractic Association
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Dental Hygiene and Therapy
- Pharmacists Defence Association
- Society of Occupational Medicine
Want to join us?
We work hard to attract and keep the best people.
- Find out what it’s like to work at Lloyd & Whyte.
- To hear from people within Lloyd & Whyte, see our career case studies.
- Check out our current vacancies.