We appreciate that the costs of arranging your Medical Malpractice Insurance is a major part of your expenditure. For that reason, it’s vital that you make an informed decision.
Here are some important reasons why being a BCA member, with cover arranged through BCA Insurance Services, could be the right choice for you:
1. Robust protection
- The policy provided by BCA Insurance Services will cover you for defence at the General Chiropractic Council (GCC) and claims made by patients. If you have a Ltd company, it can also be simply extended to cover the business.
- Some providers use a basic Public Liability policy, with an extension for “Treatment Risks”. The policy provided through BCA Insurance Services goes further than this, providing you with Professional Indemnity cover. This would include things such as libel, slander, and breach of confidentiality.
- Other providers might not use an insurance-backed product for aspects of cover (for example, GCC defence costs). There are risks with this approach. For example, if the money is not there to fund defence costs, there is no guarantee you will be protected. It is at the provider’s discretion whether or not they will defend you.
- If you choose a non-insurance solution, you would not have the protection of the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS), who are there should the insurer fail to meet your claim. In addition, such arrangements are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and you wouldn’t have the added protection of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
2. Professional guidance
- The BCA Insurance Services team are all qualified insurance professionals.
- BCA Insurance Services is a trading name of Lloyd & Whyte Ltd, a Chartered Insurance Broker.
- Having the support of the BCA provides peace of mind.
- In addition, the team at the insurer, Royal Sun Alliance (RSA), are experts in helping members with complaints, claims and defence at the GCC.
3. Consistent support
- From general enquiries to patient complaints, one qualified adviser will help you from beginning to end with any query you may have.
- Where it is necessary to seek legal support, there is a major benefit in using the same insurer for both legal defence against patient claims and GCC disciplinary investigations. In some cases, following an incident, members face both at the same time. The same qualified adviser / solicitor would normally help you through such situations.
4. Approved by your fellow members
We are extremely proud of our track record. When we asked members how they would rate their experience with us between 2018 and 2019, we were given an average score of 4.6 out of 5.
Here are some of the testimonials given to us by BCA members, who we supported during a case or claim:
- “…thank you for your kindness and reassurance on the phone. It’s not a nice experience to have to go through, so thank you for trying to make it as stress-free as possible….”
- “Thank you so much for being on the other end of this – it was a most unpleasant experience and I appreciate your advice and support.”
- “I’m very reassured that you are dealing with [my case] and look forward to getting it all settled.”
Find us on Social Media
You can also keep up to date with our latest chiropractors info by following us on social media.