- Faster treatment. Avoid lengthy queues and reduce your NHS waiting time
- Access to specialist drugs and treatments which may not be available on the NHS.
- Benefit from physiotherapy treatment sooner. If you have PMI you can get Physiotherapy treatment faster than waiting for sessions through the NHS
What is Private Medical Insurance?
Private health insurance – also referred to as private medical insurance or ‘PMI’ for short- enables you to pay for medical bills when treated privately. This gives you greater flexibility in your speed and choice of healthcare.
If you’d prefer not to wait for NHS treatment or want access to drugs and treatment that you cannot get on the NHS, then Private Medical Insurance is there to cover the cost of being treated by private healthcare providers. It also offers you the option to have treatment in a private hospital and gives you a choice around the level of care you get and how and when it is provided.
Benefits of PMI include; -
- Referral to a specialist by your GP, enabling you to get a second opinion or expert opinion by a relevant consultant.
- Be in control of your treatment plan. You can choose a surgeon (usually) and even your preferred hospital to suit your own schedule and location, unlike the NHS options.
- Privacy- have a private room rather than on an open ward.
Why buy Private Medical Insurance?
For timely access to healthcare and greater flexibility in how, when and where you are treated, PMI offers you peace of mind.
Contact the WellbeingMatters team for more information.
Wellbeing Matters offers you;
Wellbeing at work matters to you and your teams
Health & Wellbeing is a trading name of the Medical Insurance Advisory Bureau Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England No: 7217140. Registered Office: Affinity House, Bindon Road, Taunton, Somerset TA2 6AA.
The Medical Insurance Advisory Bureau Ltd is part of the Lloyd & Whyte Group Ltd who are Registered in England No: 01143899. Registered Office: Affinity House, Bindon Road, Taunton, Somerset TA2 6AA. Lloyd & Whyte Group Ltd do not undertake regulated activities.